Nicholas Edward "Nick" Cave (born 22 September 1957) is an Australian musician, songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional film actor. He is best known for his work as a frontman of the critically acclaimed rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, established in 1983, a group known for its eclectic influences and musical styles. Before that, he had fronted the group The Birthday Party in the early 1980s, a band renowned for its highly gothic, challenging lyrics and violent sound influenced by free jazz, blues, and post-punk. In 2006, he formed the garage rock band Grinderman that released its debut the following year. Cave's music is generally characterised by emotional intensity, a wide variety of influences, and lyrical obsessions with religion, death, love and violence. Upon Cave's induction into the ARIA Hall of Fame, ARIA Awards committee chairman Ed St John said, “Nick Cave has enjoyed—and continues to enjoy—one of the most extraordinary careers in the annals of popular music. He is an Australian artist like Sidney Nolan is an Australian artist—beyond comparison, beyond genre, beyond dispute."
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit Nick Cave on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- 2004-02-25: Centro Cultural de Belém, Lisbon, Portugal
- To Have and to Hold, 1996
- Burnin' the Ice, 2004
- Ghosts... of the Civil Dead, 1989
- Nick Cave i przyjaciele: W moich ramionach
- 2001-03-25: The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- The Road, 2010
- 1999-06-30: Meltdown, Royal Festival Hall, London, UK
- 2005-07-06: Marquee, The Showgrounds, Cork, Ireland
- 2005-02-27: The Sage, Gateshead, UK
- 1983-12-31: Man or Myth? Tour, Seaview Ballroom, Melbourne, Australia
- White Lunar, 2009
- 2002-07-14: Piazza Del Plebiscito, Ancona, Italy
- 2000-01-18: Belvoir Amphitheatre, Perth, Australia
- 2004-09-21: Oktyabrsky Hall, St. Petersburg, Russia (disc 1)
- Duende, 1999
- Lawless, 2012
- 2007-04-29: All Tomorrows Parties, Minehead, UK
- 2002-12-10: Broadway, Reykjavík, Iceland
- The Proposition, 2006
- And the Ass Saw the Angel, 1999
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the Nick Cave page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on Dig Music.
|Song||Where The Wild Roses Grow|
3 people have recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube Nick Cave the Bad Seeds Push the Sky Away Full Album 2013 42:46
- YouTube Nick Cave The Bad Seeds We No Who U R 4:06
- YouTube Nick Cave Into My Arms 4:38
- YouTube Nick Cave Metropolis 22 Mar 2013 Full Show HD 102:06
- YouTube Nick Cave the Bad Seeds Animal X Record Store Day Single 2013 Audio only 3:46