Non-ABC images are automatically sourced from Discogs , a community-built database of music information. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
John Clayton Mayer is an American pop rock and blues rock musician, singer-songwriter, recording artist, and music producer. Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and raised in Fairfield, he attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. He moved to Atlanta in 1997, where he refined his skills and gained a following, and he now lives in Montana. His first two studio albums, Room for Squares and Heavier Things, did well commercially, achieving multi-platinum status. Template:RIAA In 2003, he won a Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Your Body Is a Wonderland. " Mayer began his career performing mainly acoustic rock, but gradually began a transition towards the blues genre in 2005 by collaborating with renowned blues artists such as B. B. King, Buddy Guy, and Eric Clapton, and by forming the John Mayer Trio. The blues influence can be heard throughout his 2005 live album Try! with the John Mayer Trio and his third studio album Continuum, released in September 2006. At the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in 2007, Mayer won Best Pop Vocal Album for Continuum and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Waiting on the World to Change". He released his fourth studio album, Battle Studies, in November 2009. His fifth album, Born and Raised, which saw another musical style shift, was released in May 2012. He has sold over ten million albums in the U.S. and over 20 million albums worldwide. Mayer's career pursuits have extended to stand-up comedy, graphic design, television hosting, and writing; he has written pieces for magazines, most notably for Esquire. He is also involved in philanthropic activities through charity work and various environmental causes.
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit John Mayer on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- As Is: Volume One, 2003
- Heavier Things, 2003
- 2004-12-29: Webster Hall - John Mayer Plays the Blues, 2004
- Lo-Fi Masters Demo
- Any Given Thursday, 2003
- As/Is Volume Five: Philadelphia, PA/Hartford, CT 8/14/04 - 8/15/04, 2004
- Battle Studies, 2009
- 2006-09-13: Live in New York: New York City, NY, USA
- Room for Squares, 2002
- Continuum, 2008
- Live Compilation
- As/Is Volume Three: Houston, TX 7/24/04, 2004
- Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles, 2008
- 2006-04-10: The Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, CA, USA
- Continuum (bonus disc), 2007
- As/Is, 2004
- Born and Raised, 2012
- As/Is Volume Four: Cleveland/Cincinnati OH 8/03 - 8/04/04, 2004
- Inside Wants Out, 1999
- 2004-09-17: Berklee College of Music Clinic
- As/Is Volume 2: Mountain View, CA 7/16/04, 2004
- 1999-06-15: Eddies Attic
- 2002-02-17: 9:30 Club, Washington, DC, USA
- Room for Squares (bonus disc)
- 2000-02-25: Decatur, GA, USA
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the John Mayer page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on Dig Music.
|Song||Bigger Than My Body|
|Song||Waiting On The World To Change|
4 people have recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube Continuum John Mayer Full Album 49:41
- YouTube John Mayer Inducts Albert King into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013 5:13
- YouTube John Mayer Where the Light is Live in LA Full Concert 152:39
- YouTube John Mayer Born and Raised Full Album 46:41
- YouTube John Mayer Daughters Dipolo Acstico 7 3:53