Non-ABC images are automatically sourced from Discogs , a community-built database of music information. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
David Sylvian (born David Alan Batt, 23 February 1958) is an English singer-songwriter and musician who came to prominence in the late 1970s as the lead vocalist and main songwriter in the group Japan. His subsequent solo work is described by critic Jason Ankeny as "a far-ranging and esoteric career that encompassed not only solo projects but also a series of fascinating collaborative efforts." Sylvian's solo work has been influenced by a variety of musical styles and genres, including jazz, avant-garde, ambient, electronic, and progressive rock. Biography: Early years: Sylvian was born in Beckenham, Kent, the son of a plasterer and a housewife. He was educated at Catford Boys' School, Catford, South East London leaving at 16. As a youth, he listened to glam rock artists such as David Bowie and Roxy Music. 1970s-early 1980s: Japan: The band Japan, whose other members included bassist Mick Karn, guitarist Rob Dean, keyboardist Richard Barbieri and Sylvian's brother Steve Jansen...
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit David Sylvian on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- Secrets of the Beehive, 2006
- Slow Fire: A Personal Retrospective
- Weatherbox, 1989
- Died in the Wool / Manafon Variations, 2011
- Gone to Earth, 2003
- A Victim of Stars 1982-2012, 2012
- Blemish, 2003
- Brilliant Trees, 1990
- Damage, 2001
- Plight & Premonition, 1988
- Everything and Nothing, 2000
- Camphor, 2002
- Gone to Earth (bonus disc), 1986
- Alchemy: An Index of Possibilities, 2003
- God's Monkey, 1993
- The Good Son vs. The Only Daughter, 2005
- Ember Glance: The Permanence of Memory, 1991
- Flux + Mutability, 1989
- The First Day, 1993
- Live in Theatre 1988, 1988
- 1993-10-06: A New Dream: Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo, Japan, 1994
- Dead Bees on a Cake, 1999
- Sleepwalkers, 2010
- Manafon, 2009
- Exposed in Chicago
- When Loud Weather Buffeted Naoshima, 2007
- Gone to Earth (disc 1), 1988
- Brilliant Trees / Words With the Shaman, 1999
- Died in the Wool: Manafon Variations, 2011
- Kings - Second Chapter, 1994
- 2004-04-24: Showa Joshi Hitomi Kinen Kohdoh, Tokyo, Japan
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the David Sylvian page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Recently Played on Dig Music.
|Album||Secrets Of The Beehive|
|Song||Money For All|
3 people have recommended
Your recommendation will be displayed on your profile
Our default Flash video is not available on your device. Please use the link(s) below to open the video in your own player.
- YouTube David SylvianSecrets of the BeehiveAlbum 38:18
- YouTube David Sylvian Tokyo Japan 20040424 full 88:01
- YouTube David Sylvian Darkest Dreaming 4:07
- YouTube David Sylvian Red Guitar 4:48
- YouTube David Sylvian Robert Fripp Live in Japan 1993 85:24